Club Treasurer (2022-2023)
As club treasurer I play an important role in our club’s ability to carry out service projects, fundraise and support The Rotary Foundation.
The club treasurer controls both the collection and disbursement of the club’s money. My role involves the collection and banking of member dues, income from all fundraising activities and any other sources plus paying all club accounts and grants. I am also integral in the preparation and monitoring the annual club budget and the maintenance of accurate financial records.
Being a good treasurer means being able to balance a vision for the long-term financial stability of our club along with the ability to take care of the everyday small details.
My role includes:
- Keeping detailed written records of all transactions and accounts and making sure that the club operates within the annual budget
- Reporting the accurate financial situation of the club to regular Board and Committee meetings and to the AGM
- Preparing the annual balance sheet and profit and loss statement for the AGM
- Collecting, receipting and recording subscriptions and all money due to the organisation
- Paying and recording bills, ensuring that funds are spent according to Board decisions
- Preparing and arranging for year-end statement of accounts to be audited.