we welcomed Ashley & Simon from Bay Pavilions, to speak with our club. Ashley is the Head of Fitness and Community Engagement for Aligned Leisure at the new Bay Pavilions Arts and Aquatic centre.
Project: a new aquatic, arts and leisure centre in Batemans Bay.
Timeframe: Construction began in September 2020 and the centre is due to open to the public in June 2022.
Cost and funding:
- Council has secured $51 million in grants from the NSW and Australian governments.
- The total budget is $69 million. This covers all costs, including project management, design, environmental assessment and related studies, legal and professional services, fees and charges, furniture fittings and equipment, construction costs and a contingency of $6 million.
- The construction cost is $58,082,810 including GST (cost to Council: $52,802,554 excluding GST).
They are now starting the
- Construction of the waterslide tower roof.
- The centre’s pools will be filled with water during the commissioning process of the hydraulic and mechanical components.
- Installation of an outdoor nature play space created from a large tree.
- Sealing of carparks and roads.
- Installation of locally-sourced blackbutt timber screening around the centre.
- Once ADCO completes construction, there’s a hand-over to Aligned Leisure for six weeks of fit-out and staff training before the facility opens to the public.
The centre will feature:
- an indoor aquatic centre with a 25-metre, eight-lane pool with ramp access, separate 10-metre warm water pool, freeform indoor leisure pool that includes learn-to-swim and toddler areas, water play splash pads, waterslides, gym, group fitness and wellness area
- an arts and cultural centre with large flexible, flat floor auditorium with retractable seating for 350 people, dressing rooms, green room and storage, gallery/exhibition space and storage, rehearsal/dance studio/music room, wet arts workshop space and storage, dry arts workshop space and storage, meeting and multi-purpose rooms
- shared facilities including a foyer, café, visitor information service, administration offices, plant and support services.