Director of Community Services and Special Projects (2022-2023)
Community Service is one of Rotary’s Avenues of Service. Every Rotary Club and every Rotarian assumes a responsibility to find ways to improve the quality of life for those in their communities and to serve the public interest.
Service is at the very core of Rotary’s character; it is why our club exists. We all recognize and value the importance of giving back to our community. Batemans Bay Rotarians have accepted the reasonability to find ways to improve the quality of life for those within our communities and to serve the public interest. In doing so we live up to our ideal of “Service Above Self”.
Batemans Bay Rotary Club has a long record of supporting community initiatives including:
- Improving facilities at Holmes Lookout, Observation Point, Malua Bay, Caseys Beach, Corrigan’s Beach, Korners Park, Rotary Park, the Eurobodalla Botanical Gardens and the town clock.
- Organising gala local events including Australia Day celebrations, sporting days at Nelligen Park, the new bridge opening and significant anniversary celebrations.
- Promoting Rotary health initiatives within our community including:
- Bowel Scan
- Men’s Health van
- Medical scholarships
- Supporting numerous local organisations including:
- Batemans Bay and Moruya Hospitals
- Local charity groups who provide amazing support for the sick, elderly, underprivileged and in times of emergency
- Providing equipment and uniforms to many sporting teams
- Providing essential emergency equipment including community access defibrillators and in supporting our Surf Life Saving Clubs and to Marine Rescue
- Helping out in times of bushfire emergency and the rebuilding that follows the devastation
- Supporting our young people both financially and through numerous Rotary programs of enrichment, leadership and driver awareness
- Organising community functions including a monthly Rotary Sunday Market, fundraising concerts and charity balls with the funds raised being returned to local charities and organisations
- Providing a voice to local, state and federal government for our local community needs and priorities.